Skip to content
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Bedroom 1: 1 queen
- Bedroom 2: 2 bunk bedPillow top mattresses for added comfort.
Bathrooms: 1.5 Bathroom
- Bathroom 2: toilet
- Bathroom 1: toilet, combination tub/showerBathroom is very large with vanity area
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:7
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Parking:Plenty of room to park multiple vehicles.
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Television:Flat Screens in Living room and both bedrooms. Smart TV with built in internet allows Netflix and other video apps.
- Stereo:Surround Sound has Aux plug for headphone jack for iphone, ipad, or ipod.
- DVD Player:Blue Ray plays both DVD and Blue Ray Discs
- Satellite / Cable
- Internet:high speed wireless availible
Location & View
- Rural:This beautiful property sits on a 53 Acre Ranch just outside Athens, TX. Pure serenity with rolling pastures and a spring fed pond stocked with catfish ready for fishing and relaxing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Medical Services
- Winery Tours
- There are many fun things to see and do near our property. Only a short drive to Canton is the world famous First Monday Trades Day (the worlds largest outdoor market) every first Monday weekend of the month. Also make sure to stop by the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center. The center combines visitation and outdoor education with a production fish hatchery. Its mission is to provide an educational, entertaining visitor experience that promotes freshwater sport fishing and the enhancement, conservation and stewardship of aquatic resources in Texas. We also recommend planning a visit to Tara Vineyard and Winery near the property just outside of Athens. Here you can catch lunch or dinner or attend a wine tasting from Henderson County’s oldest winery. Upon entering the grounds, you’ll notice the stately historic Murchison home, constructed in the 1880?s and relocated from downtown Athens and nestled amidst Tara’s vineyard. For the adventurous type, New York, TX Zip Line Adventures is also only a short drive from the property. There you will be on a guided adventure tour with 6 zip lines topped off with some of the most breathtaking 30-plus mile views of the East Texas Countryside. Your zip line adventure will take you soaring through towering pines, hardwoods and high above the rocky hillside of one of the highest elevations in East Texas. Finally, the East Texas Arboretum is also located close to the property in Athens as well. It is one of the nicest Arboretums you will ever see. With one hundred acres of wooded beauty, trees, flowers, and wildlife await your discovery at the East Texas Arboretum. The forest appears to come alive as you meander along two miles of woodland trails. Camouflaged frogs, insects, and even deer often scurry away as you pass. Make your way along winding, spring-fed streams connected by a 115-foot suspension bridge.